Thursday, February 2, 2012

Don't know what to do.

I'm going to lose my grandfather soon. He has Alzheimer's disease and it seems he has taken a turn for the worst. It's a horrible thing to watch this person you looked up to just wilt away to nothing; to a shell. He was one of the most influential males in my life. I always saw how he treated his wife his friends and others, how he made people laugh. It seemed to me like nothing got him down, he was always happy and joking around. I had a lot of issues when I was younger but I looked up to him and said one day I want to be just like my Poppy. I hope no one has to go through what my family is going through. We seem to just shrug it off, my mother even told me in passing that he was being moved to the other building (which means he is getting much worse) but I know it kills her to watch her dad just dissapear. Like everyone else in this world who loses a loved one I am going to miss him immensley. I know I am being selfish because even though right now he doesnt remember her I know his heart misses his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment